XZ550

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XZ550

Alternate Discussion Board for Vision Riders. XZ550RJ XZ550RK Yamaha Vision

3 posters

Rain Rain Rain...and some more Rain

YellowJacket
    YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Rain Rain Rain...and some more Rain Empty Rain Rain Rain...and some more Rain

Post  YellowJacket Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:51 pm

I usually ride YJ if the chance of rain is 40% or less. (you have to understand East TN weather to appreciate that). Well, today, the forecast was for 20% chance of scattered thunder storms so I decided to ride to work. Hey, afterall, I have new raingear.
    So anyway, I worked a 12 hr and get off at 7pm. Around 5pm one fo the nurses asked me if I rode my bike today and I told her "Yes". She said.."well, youre gonna get wet". Wet was an understatement that no amount of raingear would protect a rider from. We had a "local" thunderstorm that dumped 2 1/2" of rain in less than an hour. Fortunately the worst of it was over by the time I got out of work. This was hte same type of storm that blew YJ over in the gravel lot about this time last year. Funny thing is I brought a 8" length of 5/4x6 in my saddle bag just in case I had to park in the gravel lot today but I was lucky enough to get a regular parking space. I was also kind enough to leave room for another bike as a Harly was taking up an entire space just down from me. We had fit three bikes into one space the other day.
    Anyway, by the time I got off, the rain had mostly stopped so my raingear is still mostly dry. YJ got a good washing too..

David
    H2O
    H2O
    Admin
    Admin

Rain Rain Rain...and some more Rain Empty Re: Rain Rain Rain...and some more Rain

Post  H2O Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:03 pm

That was all of June around here . . . At least we had cooler than normal temps. No June days over 90(F)! We're running 3 inches above normal precipitation for the year - may not sound like much, but we typically receive a total of 15 inches a year! Plus, we were about 2 inches behind normal through April.

I haven't watered the lawn yet this year. However, we've had a few consecutive dry, hot days & it looks like I need to finally drag out the hose & sprinkler. Should do it tonight, but it will wait until tomorrow.

Because of our wet late May & June, there are many more mushrooms growing in the foothills. The number of dogs dying from mushroom poisoning has skyrocketed this year.

Glad you weren't out in the worst of it!

H2O
    replica watches

Rain Rain Rain...and some more Rain Empty replica Louis Vuitton

Post  replica watches Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:04 am

You are indeed a talented man.Your post is brimming with literary grace.And it attracts lots of eyes.Click ratio is very high.replica handbags

Sponsored content

Rain Rain Rain...and some more Rain Empty Re: Rain Rain Rain...and some more Rain

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 pm