XZ550

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XZ550

Alternate Discussion Board for Vision Riders. XZ550RJ XZ550RK Yamaha Vision

+12
pullshocks
Shop Rat
kiawrench
Tiger
H2O
arthurdent510
vadasz1
macroar
funkamongus
Lucky
YellowJacket
Site Admin
16 posters

Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements

Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements Empty Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements

Post  Site Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:59 am

Hello everyone. Looks like the ROV site is MIA so for those of us that are jonesing for a little Vision discussion, here ya go!
    I'll be looking for some moderators and such so anyone interestd, let me know.

David aka YellowJacket

Last edited by Site Admin on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    YellowJacket
    YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements Empty Re: Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements

Post  YellowJacket Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:29 am

Hi Guys and gals, it's me, yellowjacket.

David
    Lucky
    Lucky

Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements Empty Hey all,

Post  Lucky Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:49 am

hmm, (Looking around) big empty warehouse...
    lets fill this place up.
    & hurry back Ron!.

--Lucky
    funkamongus
    funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements Empty Im in

Post  funkamongus Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:56 pm

Im in, I was seriously jonesin!!! Anything I can do to help, you can count on it..
    macroar

Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements Empty Thank you!

Post  macroar Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:32 pm

David! Great initative! Thank you so much!

Anyone knowing what's up with ROV forum?
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements Empty Re: Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements

Post  Site Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:36 pm

Thanks Mac.

Not sure what is up with ROV. My guess is that Ron is on vacation or something and not available to fix the problem. Its been down before but not for this long as far as I know. I'm sure he would have let us all know if hte site was going to be taken down permanently.

Welcome aboard!

David
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Site Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Since this is a free hosted site, my storage is very limited - only 10mb. So, if you have any images to post, please use something like photobucket, picassa or another image hosting site to link to your images.

If ROV stays down, I'm looking at a full blown site with all the bells and whistles but it costs $$$ to own, operate and maintain it. So, since this one is free, lets try to keep it operating. I'll look at other alternatives including donations if the need arises to change to a more permanent site.

David
    vadasz1
    vadasz1

Post  vadasz1 Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:26 pm

I have heard from Tiger that Ron is pissed off at his provider. I hope the situation will get resolved soon.

I was wondering how much would it cost to host the ROV off of Godaddy.com? If need be then all members that are going to use the forum should pay a member fee, of let's say $40/yr, just to help keep the maintenance and other incidentals be taken care of.

Now I can breath again and enjoy the witty comments and professional help I've been missing for over a week now.
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Site Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:48 pm

I was looking at some options today that would cost roughly 12.99 a month. Its really a bit more than I can swing myself. The original Riders of Vision newsletter actuallly had a yearly dues. I'd like not to...as well as others feel too, have to pay to be a member though.

David
    vadasz1
    vadasz1

Post  vadasz1 Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:23 pm

I still think that that cost could also be shared by the current members. $156 dollars divided 100 ( I think that is about an accurate number to use as I don;t think there are more than 100 or so active members of the ROV ) would only amount to $1.56/member. Then you tack on an extra 10-15% for taxes and I think you will be very happy. If storage needs to be upgraded I still think it would be covered by the supposed, let us say $10/yr/member cost. The rest of the money can go into a relief trust fund of sorts for any emergencies. Or the cost can be reduced to a reasonable $5/yr/member if that would be the minimum required from us. That $5 is equivalent to 4 cups of coffee at the local donut shop.

Just my $0.02 worth.
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Site Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:31 pm

LOL... actually, it was your $1.56 worth.

If I/We do it, I'd set it up where a few of us had admin rights and a few others as moderators. That way, if something was to happen, there would be several people that would be available to fix things.

I can see where Ron is coming from with his domain provider. They can nail you to a wall if they get greedy. Godaddy is an option. I used them to set up a website for a doctors office I used to work for. Never really had any problems with them.

David
    arthurdent510

Post  arthurdent510 Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Check out http://www.fatcow.com/... I've used them in the past and was very happy with them, and looks like they're only $58 a year right now. Might be a bit easier to swing...
    H2O
    H2O
    Admin
    Admin

Post  H2O Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:41 pm

At least Godaddy has a cute spokesperson. Laughing

But I can't do my signature here -- no subscript commands. scratch

I'd be willing to pay a little on an annual basis - $10 would not be out of line. That would be cheap for the amount of info and kinship available here.

H2O
    Tiger
    Tiger
    Blurred Vision
    Blurred Vision

Post  Tiger Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:56 pm

sunny Hi Guys... Cool Rons provider is being a P.I.T.A apparently affraid according to an email I received the other day from NightVision...

TIGER...
    YellowJacket
    YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  YellowJacket Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:33 pm

OK, we have a chatbox now! Also looking at how to add a "quick reply" box at the bottom of the threads so we can post directly rather than having to hit "reply to topic".
    Still looking at how to manage text to H2O can do subscript. :-)
    I think I have to add a HTML capability for that.

David
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Site Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Gonna have to work on the time stamp. Its telling me I posted yesterday. I think its GMT +4 not -4

David
    kiawrench

Post  kiawrench Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:16 am

guess we can start again , it isnt like we dont have 99.9999999 percent of all the info tucked away in one head or the other. thanks for setting up a site, and yes , i will send in a stipend for a place to read and post. not a problem .

now ,if i can stay out of court ,and that other place long enough to ride again,!!
    Shop Rat

Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements Empty Vision Decision Ahead

Post  Shop Rat Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:03 am

This site is great! Like eveyone else, I missed tuning in to ROV. My own Vision project is at a standstill, maybe even a crossroads. I have most everything I need for the build except the time and space. 20 years ago I promised to build a garden shed and I finally came thru. Long term, this will be good for the bike projects as it gets all the lawn care and gardening junk out of my way. But I think finishing it will eat into my bike time. I don't even have my old 1100F on the road yet.

I guess what I need is to stay tuned to this group for inspiration in order to fight off any notions of giving up.

Thanks for doing this.

Frank
    funkamongus
    funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  funkamongus Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:17 am

Well, I just paid 10 in for the other site and it didnt hurt. I feel like I got more than 10 dollars worth, for sure. Even in the short time I was apart of it. I would do it again to be able to hang with you folks.. even as broke as I am and unemployed, 10 bucks doesnt seem out of line to me for all the knowledge and help provided here....
    pullshocks

Post  pullshocks Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:45 pm

I would gladly chip in
    If it hadn't been for the ROV community I'd probably be in jail for burning a motorcycle in the street.
    funkamongus
    funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  funkamongus Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:30 am

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha YOU KNOW IT!! Its a deal at twice the price!!!!
    kev10104
    YIKES!
    YIKES!

Post  kev10104 Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:08 pm

It is nice to see you all again.
    funkamongus
    funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  funkamongus Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:37 pm

u 2 kev!
    qbs
    Blurred Vision
    Blurred Vision

Post  qbs Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:39 pm

It's so good to have a V place again. I've been going through serious withdrawals. Really good to see all the old names. $ not a problem. Just need to know where to send the check. Too parinoid and tech challenged to do PayPal. Cheers to all!
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Site Admin Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi qbs and welcome aboard! Good to see you here too!

David

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:15 pm