XZ550

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XZ550

Alternate Discussion Board for Vision Riders. XZ550RJ XZ550RK Yamaha Vision

3 posters

Mastercylinder brake switch removal

qbs
    Blurred Vision
    Blurred Vision

Mastercylinder brake switch removal Empty Mastercylinder brake switch removal

Post  qbs Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:49 pm

How does the brake light switch remove from the mastercylinder? Specifically, the metal snap ring.
    kevin

Mastercylinder brake switch removal Empty Re: Mastercylinder brake switch removal

Post  kevin Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:18 pm

You will find 2 push in tabs on the side of the plug in. press them in and the switch will pop out.
    Rick G
    Rick G
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Mastercylinder brake switch removal Empty Re: Mastercylinder brake switch removal

Post  Rick G Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Do not attempt to remove the snap ring, it will void the switch!!! Surprised Shocked Shocked
    qbs
    Blurred Vision
    Blurred Vision

Post  qbs Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:21 pm

No joy. First the good news. Not absolutely certain, but I don't think I've messed up the switch, yet. The bad news, still haven't been sucessful at switch removal. I got the snap ring and the cover that it goes around pushed back enough to reveal the two little expansion tabs. But, I can't get them push in so as to unlock the connection. I can't even get them to individually move, much less both at once. Much less "Pop out"

Any additional clues would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content