XZ550

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XZ550

Alternate Discussion Board for Vision Riders. XZ550RJ XZ550RK Yamaha Vision

3 posters

#12 under way...

Tiger
    Tiger
    Blurred Vision
    Blurred Vision

#12 under way... Empty #12 under way...

Post  Tiger Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:16 pm

sunny Kev10104 & I picked up a sad looking "rolling chassis" '82...Engine/frame/wheels/wire loom/front & back lights but not much else on her!!! All the rest of the parts were in two totes!!! Several parts are missing...Gas tank, master cylinder, clutch perch, left side diamond shaped plastic... but I should have them "in stock"

Last night I gave her an all over soaking in degreaser, scrubbed her from top to bottom, front to back...and then power washed her completely down. Then I washed her over again with a wax wash, rinsed and dried her off...She doesn't look half as bad today sunny

I've installed new plugs/wires/caps, Pos/neg power leads, replaced the fusebox/fuses with modern blade type including the one in the headlight.

When I removed the coil, on the left side, the ground wire was snapped off!!! I picked it up in the loom and grafted a new wire with a ring terminal and added it back in at the coil, once I had cleaned that part of the frame back to bare metal.

The carbs are out for cleaning and the gas tank/plastics are away for painting. She will be sporting a new bright Red look very soon...

...and I have a new owner lined up, ready and waiting with $$$ in hand sunny

Cool ...TIGER... Cool
    YellowJacket
    YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

#12 under way... Empty Re: #12 under way...

Post  YellowJacket Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Thats awesome Tiger. Keep up the good work. You are a true Visionary!

David
    Tiger
    Tiger
    Blurred Vision
    Blurred Vision

Post  Tiger Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Cool #11, a one owner, Star Silver '82 in beautifull condition with only 28,000Kms (17,500 miles!!) on her and #13, Wolf's one owner, Star Silver '82, both sold this past week... Cool Given the response from kijiji and Craigs List, I could have sold two or three more!!!

Cool ...TIGER... Cool
    Tiger
    Tiger
    Blurred Vision
    Blurred Vision

Post  Tiger Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:33 am

Very Happy Hauled off the oem exhaust system last night...it was completly shot!!!...and now for a set of MAC's to make her roar... Cool

Cool ...TIGER... Cool
    funkamongus
    funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  funkamongus Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:20 am

niiiiiiiice..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am