XZ550

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XZ550

Alternate Discussion Board for Vision Riders. XZ550RJ XZ550RK Yamaha Vision

4 posters

Dipping carbs

jim328

Dipping carbs Empty Dipping carbs

Post  jim328 Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:28 pm

I am in the process of stripping my carbs. The gaskets are pretty well stuck on and I don't want to try and move them in case they get damaged. As far as I know I can't get replacements. Also there is a plastic part coming out of bottom of each carb that I don't know how to take out. There is a rubber tube connecting each carb fitting onto plastic parts. I am using Yamaha carb dip, the instructions say to throw whole carb in but mechanic at dealer said it will disslove the rubber. Does this extend to gasket material and plastic as well? I am presuming it does. Carbs definitely need to be dipped as they are filthy inside. Can anyone help with how to strip carbs further or whether I can dip with non metal parts in place?
    qbs
    Blurred Vision
    Blurred Vision

Dipping carbs Empty Re: Dipping carbs

Post  qbs Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Poster R. Greville told me recently that he can provide reproduction carb gaskets. The plastic drain spigots do not need to be removed. To attempt to do so may render them damaged. The tubing that runs between them can removed and replaced with a suitable replacement material if nessessary.
    YellowJacket
    YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  YellowJacket Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Rick...or anyone else,

If you would post a carb dipping DIY fact sheet, I'll post it in the FAQ's section. It'd be an awesome addition to the site!

David
    Rick G
    Rick G
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  Rick G Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:05 am

I'll get a document together and email it to you, as soon as I can. (I'm a two finger typist and need a spell checker)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm