XZ550

Alternate Discussion Board for Vision Riders. XZ550RJ XZ550RK Yamaha Vision

She wants to be warm!

macroar

She wants to be warm!

Post  macroar on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Some gremlins have been present the last few weeks. The first I noticed some weeks ago were that the front cylinder was cut of and tacho went to zero. I stopped, restarted and thing was great for a a couple of weeks. Then I noticed that she was a little dull when cold, but that ting came back in perfect order when she got warm. Next was more front cylinder and tacho problems. I cut the yellow/black wire, and I have not seen the same kind of issue, but she now becomes problematic to start when I park her and she not is completely warm.

Any ideas???
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Re: She wants to be warm!

Post  Site Admin on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:56 pm

If your front cyl was cutting out due to the rev limiter then your plug may now be fouled. Try pulling the plug out and cleaning/replacing it. May also be a good time to replace both if they haven't already.
    You may also want to check the condition of your plug wires.
    Visions also like fully charged batteries. If your charging system isn't working and the battery is draining then it will be hard to start.

David

kevin

Post  kevin on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:17 am

This could be caused by weak spark plug wires.Tiger is big on replacing them when he goes through a vision.

kenny

Post  kenny on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:29 pm

Your spark plug caps could be bad,I've had them do the temperature thing. New plug wires may not be needed-do a continuity test, Your caps should be have 5 ohms of resistance. Cut 1/4 " off the end of the plug wires and reinsert them in the coil end & cap end.
    I have also had these problems with a sidestand s/w, go figure.
    Cheers KenS. Wink
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Site Admin on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Thats a very good point Kenny. I'll have to check that on mine too as I am still (yeah, I know) running the original plug wires.

David

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 pm