Re: Welcome to XZ550! Daily Announcements

Post  funkamongus on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Has anybody heard from Inanecathode?
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Site Admin on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:35 pm

funkamongus wrote:Has anybody heard from Inanecathode?

Anyone send him an email to let him know about the site? I don't have his email address.

Thanks,

David
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Ranking and Thanking

Post  Site Admin on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:52 pm

There is a feature built into the forum to rank and thank. If someone posts something useful, there is a + and - in the upper right corner of the post window. A plus increases someones reputation and a minus decreases it. Hopefully nobody will be using the minuses. Evil or Very Mad

There is also supposed to be a "thanks" button at the bottom of the post window. You can't thank yourself of course but you can thank others. Thanks increse someones "reputation" too.

Post counts. You'll notice some stars under your avatars indicating your "ranking" as far as post counts. I set the number of posts for each group of stars pretty low, because we all pretty much know each other here, but as time goes on, I'll raise the bar a bit. Rightn now the default is less than 10, 10 to 20, 20 to 50, 50 to 100 and 100+. The categories are "blurry Vision", "YIKES", "Vision Zen", "Visionary" and for the prolific poster, "Burning Stator". Right now its just for kicks so if anyone has any better ideas, let me know. I really don't want to copy Ron's site, so lets be creative.

David
    H2O
    Admin
    Admin

Post  H2O on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:50 am

Sorry if I upset anyone - I got a minus from someone, on my post about tires - for passing along HONEST, ACCURATE information confused

If I find out who it was, I might send Achmed over for a visit! (he keeel you!)

Better yet, David, turn this 'reputation' thingy off.

Was @ Miller Motorsports Park (Tooele, UT) for the weekend playing with the Formula Mazda. We had fun, but a fuel cell problem led to an early retirement & just one race day. Got to run in lots of rain & it looked like Jim was having tons of fun drifting through some of the corners. Oh well, at least I am home a day earlier than planned.

H2O

Last edited by H2O on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  funkamongus on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:08 am

tooele??? Im going out to Wendover soon to see friends and meet up with ghost.. you gotta come say hi!!!
    I sent Inane a link to here,, I bought a fairing from him and we are finishing up the deal!!!
    H2O
    Admin
    Admin

Post  H2O on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:18 am

That was my third trip to Tooele in the last three years. We go out for SCCA races once in a while. Two years ago, they had us running the full track - a little over 4 miles & 23 turns. The owner / driver of the Formula Mazda still has the lap record for his class on that track configuration from that trip.

This time, we were experiencing some odd fuel starvation issues. Turns out the foam inside the fuel cell (to keep from fuel starvation in tight corners) is breaking down & needs replacing. It was plugging up the right side fuel pickup. We're hoping the manufacturer can clean / refoam it - otherwise, it's a $1400 replacement!

Miller Motorsports Park is a really nice facility. Top notch paddock area, great amenities for competitors, fantastic track & really great people.

Wendover is difficult for me, as I am riding in the toter with the owner / driver & have no way to get around. We took bikes once, but decided it was just too much of a pain to continue. There's really just not enough room in the trailer, anyway.

H2O
    vadasz1

Post  vadasz1 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:26 am

Sorry H2O, that was my error. I thought the + and - signs were for next and previous threads. So if Dave would be so kind to make it a plus sign for me it would be appreciated. Chalk it up as if you were going out with a new girlfriend. You don't know what the buttons will do until you press them. Wink
    H2O
    Admin
    Admin

Post  H2O on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:14 pm

No biggie - David has turned off the reputation stuff. Not really necessary here. We're all at least civil to each other and in general, most posts tend to give good info.

H2O

Last edited by H2O on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
    coilXZcoyle

Inane is on ADventure Website as InaneCathode if you want to find him

Post  coilXZcoyle on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:40 am

Smile

Search XZ550 and there he is.

$0.02
    Wink
    Coil
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Chatbox Has Moved

Post  Site Admin on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:55 am

The chatbox is still here, I just moved it to the bottom of the page. Not many members have been using it....yet, but it took up a significant portion of the top of the page, so I moved it to the bottom.

David
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Creating a Home Page

Post  Site Admin on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 am

Since the site that is hosting these discussion forums is for, well discussion forums only, I'm going to create a type of home page with a link to galleries, easy to find questions and answers and hopefully other goodies.

Right now I'm ging to link to my MSN spaces blog site until I find a good (free) alternative. I'll update all of you as things develop.

Heres the link: http://xz550vision.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

David
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Resize the Chatbox

Post  Site Admin on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:45 pm

One of the problems with the chatbox is that it takes up so much space on the screen, especially on my laptop. I jsut found out though that you can resize the box by dragging the lower right corner (you'll see 3 diagonal bars "///"). Drag the bars in or out to resize the box to a more manageable size.

David
    Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Site Admin on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:15 am

The Photo Gallery is up.

Visit it here at: http://xz550gallery.blogspot.com/

Anyone interested in having their Vision pics posted in the gallery, let me know and I'll get it done!

David

YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Funny tidbit about the sites "Theme"

Post  YellowJacket on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:06 pm

Was doing some spelunking in the inner workings of the forum site today and I noticed that the "Theme" for the site...colors, layout, etc is called "Vision". Now, ain't that cool. I just picked all the defaults when I set up the site, but to have a default theme called Vision for a site about the Vision is pretty darn cool.

David

H2O
    Admin
    Admin

Post  H2O on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:21 pm

After becoming a moderator for the site, I made the same spelunking trip & noticed the theme you used. Didn't know it was default - I thought you chose it for its name. The true story is much cooler. Cool

H2O
    funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  funkamongus on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:21 pm

sent pics of all my bikes... use only the vision if you wish....
    YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  YellowJacket on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 pm

funkamongus wrote:sent pics of all my bikes... use only the vision if you wish....

Got them...and the ones form H20 too.

I was out doing some computer jobs today so hadn't had a chance to upload them to the site yet.

You have some beautiful looking bikes!!

David

funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  funkamongus on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:50 pm

aw shucks, thanx!! most of em were free!! in pieces.. and the vision (not running and looking like hell) for 100..I was blessed last year..
    YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  YellowJacket on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:04 pm

A little OT, but discussion has been slow here lately since ROV is back up (thanks for continuing to visit here). You mentioned that you play Bass? My 19 YO son taught himself to play guitar - after fighting with him for years to take lessons. Plays mostly electric - a Schecter Ultra III that he saved pennies for a long time for and a pretty nice acoustic. He's incredibly gifted and writes his music in tabulature but writes some incredibly great music! For a while he had a band with some of his friends but that kind of fell apart after they all went off to their respective colleges but he still continues to play and write.

Take care and I hope all is well for you,

David

YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Photo Gallery Updated

Post  YellowJacket on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:19 pm

Added pictures from H20 and Funkamungus.

Check'em out!

YJ

funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  funkamongus on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:00 pm

yep,, pro musician for over 25 years. For Bass, I have a 6 string custom, and for guitar, a 335 custom, and a few other beaters.. I also play keyboards and sing.. I enjoyed it for years... I wish it were still viable as a business, I dont "know" anything else...
    YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  YellowJacket on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:22 pm

As a fun father and son project we built a Fender Telecaster. It came as a kit with pretty much a rectangular body and head. Made a template for both - which came pretty darn close to the telecaster. After sandind it to the smoothness of a babys bottom, we applied about 20 coats of candy apple red laquer paint and an equal amount of clear coat. It turned out great but was limited by the crappy pickups that were included in the kit. Much too much hum. Been palying around with the grounding in it and have improved it a bit but its more a show piece than something to play...for now. I'm musically challenged. I can;t even carry a tune in the shower. Shocked

David

funkamongus
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  funkamongus on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:36 am

hahhahahaa,, that last statement could be said about most of the pro musicians Ive worked with too!!!!!!!! kewl, you guys built your own axe.. good project. I gut mine and re-do em.. but have always been unimpressed with the woods in stock guitars.. unless of course you spend the family fortune on one.
    YellowJacket
    Vision Zen
    Vision Zen

Post  YellowJacket on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to let you know that I still cruise through here every once in a while to see if there are any new posts or members.

Take Care,

YJ

Site Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Site Admin on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:29 am

Hello to our new members and just a note to let you all know that the Official Riders of Vision website is up and running strong. Please visit the forums at www.ridersofvision.net .

YJ

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:48 am